The tale of my personal discovery of the actor David Tennant.
This will include (some) news but mainly my own David Tennant Watching.

Thursday 1 February 2007

A bit of history

I'm one of the original children who was brought up on Doctor Who, scared out of my wits and loved it! I think my favourite monsters were the shop manniquins who came alive as they were something I could identify with more than a dalek! The first Doctor I really remember is Jon Pertwee (I'm showing my age!).
Anyway when BBC1 announced that they were going to bring it back in Spring 2005 I settled down to watch it and was amazed that not only was it better than the original, it was 10 times better! I know that back in the 60s and 70s they were limited with budget and special effects but I thought that the storylines were just SO clever in the new series.
Fast forward to late 2006 and something happened and I got into Doctor Who in a BIG way in general (and into David Tennant into particular!). The first non-Doctor Who thing I saw him in around that time was the Virgin Radio Christmas Pantomine which was hilarious! I was then lucky enough to go to the taping of The Friday Night Project (more about that later).
Anyway, this is my Blog of Tennant Watching with some news items, some things that I'm watching and hopefully some little gems too!
Enjoy....