The tale of my personal discovery of the actor David Tennant.
This will include (some) news but mainly my own David Tennant Watching.

Saturday 3 February 2007

Taking Over The Asylum Eps 2

I bought a copy of Taking Over The Asylum on E-Bay about a month ago. I'm quite self-controlled and limit myself (most days!) to one bit of DT watching each day to eke it out a bit. Anyway recently I saw the first episode (David Tennant has a STRONG scottish accent in it and looks quite young - it was filmed in 1994) and then put it in my laptop to watch the second episode but the CD wouldn't play! As I was on a plane at the time, I watched the first track of the second CD instead which was episode 4 of the 6 part series.
We worked out it was because I was trying to watch it on a computer so I (finally!) today invested in a DVD player (as I'm the only person I know who doesn't have one!). It took some setting up as I have an old telly and I have the choice of either the DVD player or Sky and video and I have to unplug loads of cables to get from one option to the other.
Anyway, I watched the second episode and it had a nice lot of DT scenes in it, especially the one at the end when he takes over the microphone to stay in the asylum....the acting in that part is very impressive!
It's been busy on the Hello magazine voting site today. David Tennant had dropped into 3rd place behind Hayden Christiensen but it seems that loads of people have been voting today so as I write this David is now 5,021 to HC's 4,565! Hugh Laurie is (somehow!) in front with 5,459. I've been voting religiously every 15 minutes as I've been working at home (and I know it's Saturday!) and it gives me a brief break 4 times an hour.
And we still have The Age Of Steel to watch tonight on UK Gold!